What is Surviving My Past All About?
Surviving My Past exists to validate and encourage all who have survived the trauma of abuse. My name is Matt Pappas and I am a survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Narcissistic Abuse, and Bullying. This blog is my story of living with Dissociation, Anxiety, and PTSD, shared openly in writing, podcasts, and videos.
On my site you will find blog posts written not only by myself, but also guest bloggers who have decided to share their story and let the world know that they are not ashamed! You'll also find podcasts where I regularly interview Therapists, Life Coaches, Mental Health Advocates, Bloggers, and others who have a passion to help raise awareness and do their part to help erase the stigma of mental health challenges and survivors of trauma. You can also join me LIVE each week on Periscope and You Tube for interactive videos in support of Mental Health awareness and recovery from abuse.
The need for support and encouragement for abuse survivors has never been greater. No matter what type of abuse you have suffered, you are validated for what you endured. It was NOT your fault.
As adult survivors, we've often felt like having the life we dreamed of was never possible; that we weren't worthy of such lofty dreams and goals. Through healing, we learn that we are worthy, a fulfilling life is possible, and we can move from seeing ourselves through the eyes of a victim, to the eyes of a Survivor who will Thrive and Conquer our Past.
I am here to not only share my story but to share your stories as well. To raise awareness, to inspire, and encourage everyone who has lived through trauma, to reach out and ask for help. To not be ashamed and to know that there is Hope, there is always Hope. You Got This Friend, Rock Your Survivor Journey!
In addition to Blogging for SurvivingMyPast.net, Matt also works in the following areas:
- Certified Life Coach, through Life Purpose Institute, accredited by the International Coaching Federation, ICF.
- NLP Practitioner - certified through iNLPCenter.org, accredited by the International NLP Association.
- Anxiety and Survivor Coaching - BeyondYourPast.com
- Co-leader of a DBT Skills Group in my local area, working with adults, and teens/youth.
- Full creative design and technical implementation of SurvivingMyPast.net and Surviving My Podcast.
- Web designer Trauma Recovery University, assisting colleague Athena Moberg CPC, with creative design and technical implementation of websites and media used by Trauma Recovery University.
- Web designer for World Narcissistic Abuse Awareness Day 2017 & 2018 - WNAAD.com and the Telesummit sponsored by WNAAD.com - Operated by Bree Bonchay, LCSW & Athena Moberg, CPC.
- Moderator for weekly online survivor chats for #NoMoreShame, part of Trauma Recovery University and run by Athena Moberg, CPC.
Full Site Disclosure:
This site is dedicated to my thoughts and personal life experiences only and to those who have voluntarily submitted their story as a guest blogger or guest podcaster. All information shared on this website, written by the owner or any guest blogger content is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on SurvivingMyPast.net is a supplement for or supersedes the relationship and direction of your medical or mental health providers.
My stories and insight are my own. I do not offer advice or treatment for any condition, mental or physical. I encourage you to seek the help of a professional licensed mental health therapist, counselor, coach, or medical professional when dealing with any Mental Health or Physical Health disorder, condition, or challenge.