What is Surviving My Past All About?
Surviving My Past exists to validate and encourage all who have survived the trauma of abuse. My name is Matt Pappas and I am a survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Narcissistic Abuse, and Bullying. This blog is my story of living with Dissociation, Anxiety, and PTSD, shared openly in writing, podcasts, and videos.
On my site you will find blog posts written not only by myself, but also guest bloggers who have decided to share their story and let the world know that they are not ashamed! You'll also find podcasts where I regularly interview Therapists, Life Coaches, Mental Health Advocates, Bloggers, and others who have a passion to help raise awareness and do their part to help erase the stigma of mental health challenges and survivors of trauma. You can also join me LIVE each week on Periscope and You Tube for interactive videos in support of Mental Health awareness and recovery from abuse.
The need for support and encouragement for abuse survivors has never been greater. No matter what type of abuse you have suffered, you are validated for what you endured. It was NOT your fault.
So here we are as adult survivors, trying to find our way in this world, experience healing, and have the life that we've dreamed of but perhaps never thought we were worth of reaching for; to experience a life no longer through the eyes of a victim, but as a Survivor who will Thrive and Conquer our past.
I am here to not only share my story but to share your stories as well. To raise awareness, to inspire, and encourage everyone who has lived through trauma, to reach out and ask for help. To not be ashamed of what we endured, but to know that there is Hope, there is always Hope. You Got This Friend, Rock Your Survivor Journey!
In addition to Blogging for SurvivingMyPast.net, Matt also works in the following areas:
- Full creative design and technical implementation of SurvivingMyPast.net and Surviving My Podcast.
- Web designer Trauma Recovery University, assisting colleague Athena Moberg CPC, with creative design and technical implementation of websites and media used by Trauma Recovery University.
- Web designer for World Narcissistic Abuse Awareness Day 2017 - WNAAD.com - Operated by Bree Bonchay, LCSW & Athena Moberg, CPC.
- Moderator for weekly online survivor chats for #NoMoreShame, part of Trauma Recovery University and run by Athena Moberg, CPC.
- Currently working on Life Coaching Certification through Life Purpose Institute, accredited by the International Coaching Federation, ICF. Expected completion, Fall of 2017.
- Co-leader of a DBT Skills Group in my local area, working with young adults and teens.
Full Site Disclosure:
This site is dedicated to my thoughts and personal life experiences only. I am not a licensed mental health or physical health professional. I am just a regular guy sharing my story of healing and recovery, in an effort to inspire others to always know that they are not alone, and to not be ashamed to reach out and ask for help in their own healing journey from abuse.
My stories and insight are my own. I do not offer advice or treatment for any condition, mental or physical. I encourage you to seek the help of a professional therapist, counselor, coach, or medical professional when dealing with any Mental Health or Physical Health disorder, condition, or challenge.