This is a brand new feature here on SMP and I’m very excited to be sharing it with you! It’s going to be called, Monday Mental Health Motivation!
I recently changed the weekly timeline for new posts here on the blog; but I wanted to still be able to start off the week with new content because I think it’s important for all of us to get as much as motivation as possible to help jump start the week in a positive way.
So the idea behind all of this is to create a weekly post on Monday’s that will include:
- Inspirational Quotes and Meme’s
- Inspiring Posts from around the web surrounding Mental Health.
- Links to Mental Health Podcasts and Videos.
- Inspirational Tweets, Instagram, and Pinterest posts.
As you can see the recurring theme here will be to showcase some inspiring content that we can all relate too and share with others.
**If you have any suggestions to include in this new weekly feature, you can feel free to send it to me in an email or comment here on a post each week.
We’re all on this mental health journey together, no matter what the circumstances were that brought to where we are today. The more we can encourage and support others, the larger impact we can have as a whole. It’s not just about raising awareness and ending the stigma by “saying so”, it’s about taking positive action in even the smallest of ways to affect change on a large scale.
- Here’s a recent podcast that I recorded that you can listen too here. This episode of Surviving My Podcast talks about, “Not listening to the Negative Voice in your Head”.
- Wes, from AudioRising.com – this episode talks in part about being OK with not being perfect. This one hit me particularly because as a blogger and podcaster, I’m often times tweaking posts and shows endlessly to try and get them “just right”. In the end though it doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be real, genuine, and from the heart. Listen Here
- Mike Douglas from Mike’s Open Journal talks with Angie, AKA The Mental Health Blogger. They chat about how the twitter chat started, online friends and mental health activism. Listen Here
Quotes & Meme’s
Here are a few Inspiration Meme’s and Quotes from this past week that I tweeted out, posted on my social media, or included in recent posts.
How to Heal from Anxiety – A video with Athena Moberg and Jodi Aman. This is such a great discussion and interview as both of these amazing ladies share in such an encouraging and inspiring way, how we can heal from Anxiety!
The 2nd video is from Kati Morton. I love watching Kati’s videos because they are just so easy to follow with and she’s as down to earth and real as it gets. I chose this one because she gives real advice and tips on how to navigate the dating world in a healthy way.
Have a Great Week Friends – #SurviveThriveConquer